Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, Irish public holiday. As North Ireland is part of UK, there was a ceremony held at the many places within the London.

In my area, there was a celebration at the library, where there were concert and other activities. Here are the pics i took yesterday:

DSC00192DSC00189 

 

 

 

 

 

Inside the building (Library, Cinema, Pub) - Outside: a group of girls performing a tapped dance...

DSC00191 DSC00194 

 

 

 

 

 

Concert: They sang in Irish; therefore, I have no idea what they sang... Lol! However, people really enjoyed it. They all danced and sang after the singer!

After that, I went to the supermarket, Sainbury, to buy some foods for this week, but i bought lot more than a week. Mayb it can last for one month... Lol!

2 comments:

Molida said...

It was not that special here, but green was the theme of the decoration everywhere. Oh there were plenty of people wearing green 2.

Harry said...

Yeah people here also! Some where big hat with a four leafs on it... For me I forgot that it a green day, so I wear blue! Anyway blue mean water right, so they need me to survive... Hahaha