Friday, March 21, 2008

First Khmer I Meet in UK!

After be in UK for about half year, I have never met even a single Khmer. I only met some, like K1 sis, my dad friends, but all on the phone, not physically. The day before yesterday is the first day I went to met my dad's friend, cos I had to go and take the stuffs my parent sent for me.

On my way there, i have stop at Kingcross station, cos I need to text him to said that I will arrive at Holloway station in 15 minutes. As there was no signal in underground so I went up... and that's what happened in the other post below...

Back to the story, he was such a nice guy and give me lots of advices on life in UK. He also tell me how friendly Khmers in UK are... We sat down in McDonald and chitchat for nearly two hours...

The stuffs my parents sent to me are basically clothes, but the strangest thing is they are all branded clothes, top brands in UK. The pant are NEXT, the short are H&M, and shirts are... I don't remember me telling them anything about the brand and fashion in UK. Strange they bought me this brand.

Now I have UK branded clothes... Lol, as before most of them are US and some don know...

P.S. Late to post this one due to busy day of completing the assignment.

10 comments:

Molida said...

oh so now u don't have to be jealous with me anymore. right?

Harry said...

Still... Lol

Van-ishing said...

dun worry...you'll meet K1 soon. Da has no friend from IFL te...you should be glad bout that, Dara

Anonymous said...

Well, K1 has just arrived there hery, u must be happy right? Take care her for me phong na.
K3 from 3ks

Harry said...

Yeah! BTW, don angry with me na... Who are you K3 cos there is a lot of K around here... Can't tell!

Harry said...

Oh K3 is Khem... Lol I just know it when visiting lida blog... cos last time it was k2 she put...

So k1 is kanitha, k2 is kunthea, k3 is khemera... wow triple ks!

Longdy said...

hahahaha....that is so right..... you know what we like to call them.... K3= Ar Kuy 3 K ....hahahhaaha

oh, dara, oh i mean, harry, talking of brands, i just heard that in the UK or US, if we use fake products with popular brand names, people, like police, will just confiscate them from us.... is that true? ...it's kinda scary.....


;)

Harry said...

Hell NO! and beside it is not fake. It just those clothes suppose to export to other country or mayb to here.

There also load of clothes here that made in Cambodia, especially sport clothes. I once found some T-shirts and jackets made in Cambodia. The sport sleeveless T-shirt looks exactly like the one I have now, bought in Toul Toum Pong. Guess how much they sold it here...? £20, where it's just $3 in PP.

So much different the price. Lucky me I bought it two before came here...

Longdy said...

no, pls don get me wrong...... I didn't mean to say that the clothes your parents bought for you are fake at all!!!! just want to know more abt it cos someone just told me about it!!!

don't get me wrong, ok?

Harry said...

Man it's ok... i never accuse you or anything! Take it easy... it just i never heard about that! You know here student have more right than even the police... Only if we didn't do anything wrong... If they come to take our clothes, sue them Lol... Sue them until they have nothing to wear... hahaha